Monster cookie bars
I'm on a baking kick apparently. I told my slo-pitch team that I would bring cookies for our game on Tuesday so I made the survival cookies I just posted but they're too good to give away. So I found this recipe and I had to make it. As stated in the other post most times I cut the sugar in half in recipes. This is one of those recipes.
Here is the original recipe from Together as Family. Read the comments on her page if you have any questions about it as there are quite a few already asked. I didn't have any issues and I also cooked mine for 19 minutes but I'm thinking I should have taken them out at 17-18 minutes. She also states to use a 12"x18" pan but I used a 12"x16" and it turned out fine.
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar*
- 1/2 c granulated sugar*
- 1/2 c (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c natural smooth peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 2 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pkg of mini M&Ms (found in the baking aisle)
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven for 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients with a hand mixer until it is well blended and light in color
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended
- Remove the beaters and scrape the sides down with a spatula
- Add in the oats and baking soda and stir until evenly mixed
- Add the M&Ms and chocolate chips and mix until evenly mixed
Spread onto the baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes. It will look under cooked in the middle but it will finish cooking while it's cooling. When the edges are browned and look done it's time to take it out. Let cool for 30+ minutes before cutting.
Post a Comment